Southern Cross Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beta Talk...

3 posters

Go down

Beta Talk... Empty Beta Talk...

Post  AussieStig117 Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:09 pm

So I've been playing for about a week or so now, and I'm sure all of you have.

What rank are you?
What's you're favourite weapon/weapons?
What are you? Engineer, support etc.
Do you have any particular tactics?
Do you like the beta?
What annoys you the most about the beta?
Do you like the map and the game type?

Just thought I'd chuck those questions in to get the convosations started. I've got a friend who doesn't like it, so I just want to see how you guys think it plays. Use this thread to talk about the beta aswell.

AussieStig117
Admin

https://scsoldiers.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Beta Talk... Empty Re: Beta Talk...

Post  AussieStig117 Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:23 pm

I'll get the ball rolling.

-Rank 20
-Currently my favourite is the UMP-45 with suppressor, tactical light and 4.0X scope (any better makes close combat impossible)
-Recon, and have been the whole time I've played
-Not running around like it's COD, and actually using sense Very Happy
-I love the beta, if the game is as good as this, then it has my vote for best game of the year
-When you fall through the map it annoys me, but what really annoys me is when people do it on purpose and take advantage of it. They can shoot you but you can't shoot them. Crying or Very sad
-The map is huge, I don't think I've seen a multiplayer map in any online game this big before. Ever. After seeing Caspian Border gamplay on PC, I'm wondering why that wasn't the beta map. It's orgasmic.

Personally I'm slightly annoyed that Microsoft has the bandwidth limit which means players per match is limited to 24. Both consoles can handle 32, and sony has no problem with the 32 players, but because Xbox said no, and the game is being made on Xbox and being ported to PS3, it means we suffer.

AussieStig117
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSh_MiEsTeR Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:43 pm

This is a bit hazy because I have to be in the game to actually get specifics.

Rank 22
SCAR H CQB w/Iron sights
M1911 w/tactical torch

Been trying all the classes but my Engineer is well passed the SCAR unlock. Its funny because in black ops I always stick with one class unintentionally but with BF3 I always have to be switching...Its definately alot more tactical.

I will post up a link with all the classes in a nice plain black and white layout.

Their are many bugs that they discuss on the EA forums and that I have experienced first hand. I feel the negative comments about them are always the same. Its just a simple fact. THE BETA IS NEVER A REPRESENTATION OF THE REAL THING HENCE "BETA".

My big ones are.

-Mobile spawn point falling through the map
-Spawning under the map
-No multiple knife kills possible
-Light/Laser shining team mates
-Throwing ammo/health boxes that seem to be 'explosive' in damage?
-No 'NAT' settings to change so I can ONLY get local games

DaSh_MiEsTeR
DaSh_MiEsTeR

https://www.facebook.com/dashmiester

Back to top Go down

Post  bry78a Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:51 am

For me i checked my battlelog n found my stats currently are at ...

Fav weapon : M27IAR, 4x scope, bipod and laser sight - with 108 kills (its on my dog tags)
i have been switching between support and assault mainly with a little sniping on the side
Tactics for attackers is use my kits in support n watch the flanks and try not to get underground killed
and for Defenders is setup a defence spot near enough to the station to be able to defuse it (pretty standard really LOL).

Although one thing buggs me on rush MASSIVELY when a whole team ignores the objective n just goes for the kills ONLY, which leaves u the only dickhead to get killed when trying to get the mcom station.

Its nothing new but with good ppl to play with and a little bit of teamwork it can be avoided.

I think the map is reasonable but i would have liked to try Caspian Border, but that was only for the Alpha and not for the beta except on pc by invite only, but it is looking good if they can get rid of all the bugs by the release date of OCT 27th, all i say is good luck to them !

So overall my preorder is safe for now. BRING ON OCT 27th !!!
bry78a
bry78a
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AussieStig117 Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:18 am

Yeah I really agree with you on the people forgeting about the objective bit. It's seriously annoying. Yesterday when I was playing, there were 7 people on my team sitting at one of the entrances to the tunnel, waiting for people to come down. About 1 person came down every minute, but the kills mattered the most to them. Meanwhile, both objective A and B were being armed and they couldn't give a toss. And I hate it when people are sitting right next to the objective when it's armed, and they don't go and unarm it, it's bloody annoying. Sometimes I feel like I have to do everything myself.

AussieStig117
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSh_MiEsTeR Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Oh man....you said exactly what I was thinking last night. I was on the mic abusing all these American dudes about the objective. They were more interested in figuring out where they spawn from (which is practically impossible!). bF3 is definately 100% a team based game because if your team ain't doing squat then your screwed...my K/d was shocking from that match. I'd get the plant...but it would be diffused within seconds of me dying.

I don't like when EVERYONE goes the Recon Class! ARGH!!!! you need Support etc....Sure the mobile spawn points are awesome but who cares when your getting pwned!
DaSh_MiEsTeR
DaSh_MiEsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSh_MiEsTeR Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:30 pm

AussieStig117 wrote:Sometimes I feel like I have to do everything myself.

mate! thats me all over hahaha I feel that all the time
DaSh_MiEsTeR
DaSh_MiEsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  AussieStig117 Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:28 am

DaSh_MiEsTeR wrote:I don't like when EVERYONE goes the Recon Class! ARGH!!!! you need Support etc....Sure the mobile spawn points are awesome but who cares when your getting pwned!

It's not the everyone going recon class that annoys me, it's everyone using the snipers. I use the UMP-45 simply because the game just ends up being a sniper match from one side of the map to the other. All the codfags (12-15 year olds who think that K/D means the world) who bring the cod tactics into BF3 just don't understand it requires a different skill. In cod you go running round looking for people to kill, and that's it, in BF3, if you go running round looking for people to kill, and you cross over to the enemy lines, 9/10 you'll get killed. It's not cod, so why play it like it is.

BTW, that's not a shot at COD, just the way that so many people are so arrogant and think that they'll dominate in BF3 by using the same tactics.

AussieStig117
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSh_MiEsTeR Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:51 pm

True, I actually didn't realise you could change the weapons to snipers in different classes. Haha shows how much I know about sniping. I only use the recon class to setup the scene and then switch to my smg/assualt rifle class.

You are totally right about people playing the game like cod. I have been in a few where everyone must've just been playing COD because it felt like a match straight from it.

That whole 'crossing the enemy line' thing is the best thing I have found about it. I have to actually think about my moves rather than mash L3 until I see a guy - CODditch
DaSh_MiEsTeR
DaSh_MiEsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum